Sunday, January 12, 2014

All Tuned Up and Ready To Go

I was able to take my machine in Tuesday for a tune-up.  They told me a week, so I was surprised when I got the call Friday night that my machine was done.  Of coarse I was already on my way home and did not feel like turning around.  So I picked it up Saturday on my way to a friends house though wishing I could take it home and take it for a test run. 


Today, though I was able to try her out.  Boy did she run as nicely as the day I bought her.  Yes she may not be the fanciest machine out there, but she a pretty good machine.  This is her home on my quilting table.  My Dad is the greatest in the world.  I was trying to find a way to have more table room when quilting and when discussing some idea's with my dad, he said they (meaning him and my brother) could build me something nice.  I wanted something that I could use as a cutting table that would be a comfortable height while standing.  Then I asked if they could add drawers for storage.  And lastly I wanted my machine to be recessed.  They were able to accommodate all my requests.



With my machine safely back were it belongs, I started the piecing of the quilt I showed you in my last post.  I as able to complete 42 of the center squares.  I still haven't decided which size I am going to make.  This is what I would need for a 51' x 60' lap quilt, but I would need 80 for a twin size quilt.  Either way, I am happy with my progression so far. 



 

 All for now.  I'm off to watch some Dexter.

Happy Quilting,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! I would love to know how to quilt...

    Thanks for your message on my blog. I would love to send you a link to my new video on using Silhouette to cut Cricut images but can't locate your email address on your blog. Please send me a message at smallbitsofpaper @ hotmail . com (remove spaces) and I'm more than happy to send the link your way!

    ReplyDelete