Monday, January 6, 2014

A little this and that

So yesterday I gave Randi the quilt.  Total Success!  She loved it.  My son even went as far to say that it was not as ugly as he thought it was going to be.  Oh Boy!!  Don't know when I will ever make one for him if this is how he is going to respond to my hard work and time. He did however like the fleece pull over I made for him.  I bought this pattern a long long time ago and have always liked it.  So after some joking with my son that I was only giving homemade gifts this year, I pulled this pattern out and made one for him and one for his girlfriend.  I did need another size, but was able to find a new copy of the pattern in the size I needed on Ebay.



Saturday night was the start of a snow storm for us here in some parts of Michigan.  But my brothers family and mine had already made plans to finally get together for a late Christmas dinner.  So off to brothers house I went with some roads not plowed and other that had been plowed already had about 2 inches or better of new snow on them.  Dinner was good, everyone enjoyed their presents.  Now it was time to trek on home.  Boy was that fun.  the roads that hadn't been plowed on the way there were still not plowed.  I took a different way home with only 1 road had even been plowed recently.  I know I'm bad but I took a picture out the windshield as I was driving (bad bad bad...but I was only going 25 mph).


The good news, after getting home and blowing out my drive way, was to get a call from my boss telling me that the office would be closed tomorrow (Monday) due to the weather!  So I got a free day today.  I've had fun today getting ready for my next quilt.  I've chosen to do Dixie from Cluck Cluck Sew.  Also I so loved her fabric line Wallflowers that I purchased the Layer Cake just for this pattern.  I cut all the pieces for a crib size (though that is just to start...I have enough fabric for the twin size but I wanted to start small). But this will have to wait since I've decided it is time for tune-up on machine.  So providing I have work tomorrow, I will be taking my machine into my local quilt shop.  They said the usual turn around is 1 week {no biggie}.



The other fun thing today was messaging with my cousin Diana who also quilts.  With me in Michigan and her in South Carolina, we don't see each other very often.   Actually, we haven't been in touch for a long long time {I'm really horrible reaching out to people}.  But last year her brother passed and we were re-united.  I'm hoping to keep in touch with her more moving forward.

Well if anyone has read this post I will stop running on and on for now.  Hope to have my machine tuned-up and ready to sew sometime next week and will have some in progress posts of my next quilt.

Happy Quilting,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment